- Create a prototype for a heart rate measuring device returning the beats per minute.
- Determine the accuracy of the device by comparing it to a Fitbit and a chest strap device.
- Used LED and a light-dependent resistor to determine the amount of reflected light as a fluctuation in the potential difference.
- Implemented a low-pass filter to remove high-frequency noise and a high-pass filter to eliminate DC offset.
- Used an Arduino to read the resulting voltage as a function of time.
- Coded Arduino to determine the elapsed time between the voltage passed above a threshold value.
- Calculated the beats per minute value from this heartbeat period.
- Output running graph and beats per minute value on an LCD screen.
- Designed and 3D printed case.
- Covered the resistor and LED to minimise background radiation while maintaining user comfort and accessibility.